Thursday, May 8, 2014

Blog 18

I shortened what I wanted to insert in my paper. I thought this would be more specific because I'm mainly looking for repetition, scaffolding and parent involvement.

1. Ok um how do you plan your daily teaching with them or is it like you plan it in one day or you have previous plans
1. one person on the table come and get a basket and then they can read silently is a variety of genres and you know different kind of books levels so this is just to expose the kids to the text so they can get use to the word
So little by little you guys inject the English part
2. it helps visually with the reading um then after that we unpack I check their homework they wrote the um homework  in the agenda I we take a book every night home so we switch books one table get one set of books they give it to the other one
3. routine I do language art in the morning languages arts and then um we start reviewing what we learn what remember from the day before what are we studying all the “amazing “words all the concepts (4:20) if were talking about um sequence um how do you how do you relate this to the story about last week and things like that and then I introduce the new day the new day whatever is going to be on that day. (Scaffolding )
4. I see the lowest group every single day there is no way I skip them
B. Um are you like very involved with the parents?
5. Yes I have good communication, we communicate through the (5:30) planner the kids have planners so anytime that they want to send me something since I check every morning for the planner the parents sign it. -They feel comfortable because I speak Spanish. (Repetition with parents also because they need to sign the agenda everyday)
So little by little you guys inject the English part
6. It is easy homework that they can understand and usually I use the smart board and I say this is going to be your homework this is what you need to do (Repetition)

7. I teach with them reading at their level 1 like the cat has a bowl you know like repetition all this like the cat the cat all the pages have the cat so they are learning the other words so that’s how transfer starts. Second grade is the same thing the teacher starts with the group that is leaving here with the work she continues during centers doing with them English and the whole group Spanish and then in third we are thinking that they are ready exiting the program going into mainstream. (Important information because she explains how the program works but also explains how repetition is a key for the students without actually pointing it out)

No comments:

Post a Comment