Thursday, May 8, 2014

Blog 13

The purpose of my study is about the types of helps or solutions English language learners are receiving in the schools and if that is enough for the student especially in the Latino community. I have a particular interest especially with students who have parents or family members who do not 
speak any English. I want to understand their struggle and their opinions about the schools and forms 

In my study I plan interview 2 different teachers a bilingual and a non bilingual teacher. I also plan to interview parents at least 3 to see what they think about the school their child is in and if they are receiving all the help they can. I also plan to interview students with parents permissions to ask about their experience in the schools and opinions of what they think can better their interest to learn the English language and feel more comfortable in their school. Also previous students or people who were English language learners.

With the teacher I plan to interview them the longest at 20 mins because they know more of what is going on within the classrooms and know what the students are struggling with and know what kinds of help can be added within the school system or at home. I plan to interview them in the school when ever it is convenient for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment