Saturday, March 1, 2014

Blog 10

Growing up my first spoken language was Spanish and that’s all that was spoken in my house. In school my parents and I were determined for me to learn English but it was very difficult at the time because at home all that was spoken was Spanish so how was I going to learn English. The school did help me out a lot from 8-3pm but what about when I get home who did I have to depend on? My parents didn’t have much knowledge about the English language so I could not really depend on them with my homework or other assignments. I really depended on other people to get those things done but with my parents support and effort. Teachers or schools really don't realize that their work also goes beyond just within the classroom but also outside of it. I want to explore other alternatives for parents and as well as for students to see what can they do to receive more help at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment