Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blog5

Jotting

- Nervous

- Clueless

- Awkaward

- Forced to Talk to one another

- Not knowing what to talk about

- Taking notes



Headnotes

- Everone was taking notes

- Mostly everyone was trying to talk to aone another

- Everyone looked clueless in who to speak too and to talk about

- I meet 4 different people (I only can remember 3 names : Ariana, David and Adrian)

- First question I asked to each of them was " what was their major"

- I felt like I spoke to each of them for a few seconds

- I was trying to take note unsuspectingly



Things I remember later

- I keep trying not look at my phone

- I was taking note on my phone

- It was difficult to start a converstation

- I thought I didnt need to write certain things down like names because I thought I would remember  

- At first everyone stared at each other before even knowing what to talk about

- I forgot to track the time

- It was hard to take note unsuspectingly



Field Notes

Everyone in the class was comfortable talking to the first person but then it got a bit difficult because we had to talk with everone. If Professor Chandler had not say to talk to other people, everyone would have stayed in the same spot with the same person. The professor had a major role. I forgot to watch the time because I was so focued in just taking notes and trying to talk to many people as possible.
There are so many things to do in ethnographic research and it is not only about taking note but also interacting in the setting that you're in. You basically have to have your eyes and ears in full attention because not only you have to pay attention to whats in front of but your entire surrounding also. I feel like I need to practice more to polish up my skills because Im still iffy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment